Wired Wednesday!

September 05, 2012

For our first "Wired Wednesday", we are introducing you to www.cookie.com. This website is a great resource for younger kiddos or Pre-K/K classrooms. They offer a variety of services and best of all it's free!


As you can see, this site is very kid-friendly. The design is bright and colorful, but also makes it simple for little ones to navigate and interact on their own. The site is comprised of learning games, stories, videos, worksheets, and color pages. While the story and video sections are wonderful, they are also relatively new, so there is a very limited number of options to choose from. The games section however is packed full of learning opportunities!



The games are divided by content area: Math Games, Language (ESL/EFL) Lessons, Kid's Puzzles, Fun Games, and Science Lessons. There are 90 games to choose from.

Check out this site if you are looking for something new to use during centers, free time, or for students to use at home!


We're also linking up with Farley at Oh Boy, 4th Grade this week for our first ever Linky!


Be sure to stop by tomorrow for Thursday Tales - we'll be talking about a great book to use for Grandparent's Day {September 9th}!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hi! I've been on cookie and I love it! I only wish the voice wasn't so computerized but the skills and games are just right for my kiddies! I found you through the currently! :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      The voice is a little off-setting, but hopefully that will improve with time. Not sure how long the site has been around, so maybe they have better plans for that in the future.

      Loving the connections we're making through currently!

      Creation Castle

      Delete
  2. Just found your super cute blog & I'm loving it. The King's Proclamation is precious!! Thanks for the "cookie" tip - I can't wait to check it out and use it with my kiddies. By the way, I'm your newest follower - stop by sometime :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! Just checked out and *followed* your fun blog! We are so ready for fall down here in Texas too :)

      Hope your kids like cookie!

      Creation Castle

      Delete
  3. I just found cookie.com this weekend and love it!

    Your blog is precious and I agree with you 100% about the 100 degree weather. I am either melting because I am too hot or freezing because my classroom is 64 degrees!!!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather :)

      We're from Texas too, so the "melting" feeling is all too familiar! Your blog is too cute, we are your newest followers.

      Creation Castle

      Delete
  4. Your blog looks GREAT!! We are now following you!! http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/2012/09/spread-word.html

    Come visit us sometime. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Shop With Us

>